CALL FOR A CHILDREN'S CHOIR
TO THE JCA KODOMO CHORUS FESTIVAL 2017
31st JCA National Children’s Chorus Festival
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL:
Every summer Japan Choral Association hosts the National Children's Chorus Festival, so-called the KODOMO Chorus Festival, where children's choirs from Japan and abroad are participated. The Ateliers for Children are given for participated choirs on the first day, and the Festival Concert are held on the second day. This festival has been held since 1987.
5th and 6th August 2017
Day 1 - Ateliers for children, A Rehearsal for Sing Together (13:00 - 17:00)
Day 2 - Festival concert, Closing (11:00 - 17:20)
BUNKYO CIVIC HALL
1-16-21 Kasuga, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112-0003 Japan
Keishi Ito, choral conductor
Tatsuhito Nomoto, choral conductor
Hiroshi Yoda, choral conductor
Shinsuke Kishi, choral conductor (for Sing Together)
- A children's choir who can participate to the both of the events on the 2 days.
- No participation fee is needed. However, a choir should be responsible for their transportation, accommodation, and meals.
- There is no limit for number of singers.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email the following documents to JCA Office at email@example.com;
- an audio file of a performance on a choir's repertoire (max. 5 minutes).
- an application form: download here
- application deadline: 3 February 2017
The result will be announced on the end of February.
- All choirs will sing together Ko Matsushita “Hymn: To the future” at the closing.
- JCA will provide a piano in concert pitch 442 Hz. at the festival concert. Any other musical instruments you need for your performance are your responsibility.
- The official travel agency will help you for booking accommodation in Tokyo and lunch-box, if necessary.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Japan Choral Association Head Office
address: c/o The Asahi Shimbun, 5-3-2 Tsukiji, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-8011 JAPAN
Fax: +81- 3-3544-1964